Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Fav Tools

Still no news whether my surgery will go ahead this week. I should find out Monday morning but have my fingers crossed that I won’t need a cardiology clearance. So I continue on with the Shake-y pre-op diet. I did make up a soup yesterday which was delish, although my list of pre-op stuff to eat said not to use broth probably because of the salt, but I did anyway. I am a broth sinner. I dumped all my low carb veges—onions, garlic, celery, broccoli, asparagus, cabbage, parsley, spinach—into a big pot with the chicken broth and boiled it up. Whizzed it with my hand blender and with a few shots of hot sauce, I demolished two bowls of this wondrous tasting soup. Who knew low-carb could taste so good!

Shortly afterwards I had to whiz up my chocolate shake and got to thinking about all my lovely tools that I have. Unlike many others, I’m not a big shoe, purse, jewellery or clothing person. But I LOVE appliances and kitchen utensils. I drool over the shiny stainless stuff like someone drooling over diamonds. My BIL used this little frother at Christmas to make me a cappuccino so I immediately went out and bought 2 of these fine little whizzers, one for home and one for work. It operates on batteries and blends my shakes thick & frothy in seconds. My other new hand blender is the Cuisinart cordless immersion blender I found a few weeks ago. It also converts to a mini chopper. I hate cords and wish everything was rechargeable. Of course I have a blender. I think I’m on my third one as I keep burning them out making Margaritas in the summer. My DH uses this all the time to make his smoothies.

I love spicy food and yesterday I was almost dancing in the aisle at the grocery store when I found this big bottle of hot sauce. I must have 10 bottles of different hot sauces but this one is my fav. It is especially good in a Caesar and in almost anything. I once tried a diet where you drank a solution of cayenne pepper throughout the day to rev up the metabolism so the pounds would melt away. They lied again. If it did, I wouldn’t be here talking about the lapband.

Some of you may have noticed I am using “fav” today. This is so I can avoid the favourite vs favorite which my keyboard keeps trying to correct with the “our” because it is set to English (Canada). I figure fav is international and gets away from the English and American spelling. So here’s to our Fav things. I’d love to hear about some of your band favs.

8 comments:

Jess said...

lol, thanks for thinking of us Americans. I like my Magic Bullet for mixing shakes and when I had to puree soups. I imagine it'll be great for summer margaritas too!

DB said...

Hi Sandy Lee - thanks for following my blog. I hope you get your date soon! By the way - I LOVE gadgets too!

THE DASH! said...

Love that nifty looking sauce bottle - really cute!! I'm a gadget girl too - my fav would be hmm, let me think. Love my huge sandwich maker (really good for toasting foccacia and Turkish bread) and my Russel Hobbs shiny steel kettle - this probably gets the biggest work out.

I also just got a vegie chopper (a futuristic looking plastic do-dah) that you put the onion or mushrooms or whatever into and press the handle down vigorously to chop them - useless!! By the time I've farted around with it I could have done it myself in half the time lol.

THE DASH! said...

Ok it's 5am and I just realised not awake yet.. a kettle and sandwich maker are not really gadgets - more like tools of the trade - but you know what I mean. Sheesh!

Girl Bandit said...

Still have my fingers crossed for you!!! I love my Magic Bullet like belnder...such a handy tool. I also love my imersion blender although it is not as nifty as yours.

Bianca said...

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's great to come across another Canuck.

I have a hand-held blender as well which I love, it's great for so many things. I just bought the same bottle of hot sauce not too long ago, I too love all things spicy.

Good luck this week and keep us posted.

Take care.

Joey said...

"Rooster sauce" is the best! I love it too. I put it on everything. What's the name of the frother you have?

Lynda said...

I thought "Rooster Sauce" was something that we only said in my family! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...