Update at 5:30pm: Won't get the final decision until Monday, Feb 8th when the anaesthesiologist reads a previous EKG from 5 years ago with the new ones. I guess then I'll find out if it's a go for surgery. Still staying on the protein diet. And I am now off work!! Thanks all for your kind words-they really help.
Just a quick update today. 9 days into the liquid protein drinks and I will say, it isn’t too bad. Don’t feel like doing a jig but I’ve stopped thinking about food (OMG?) and seeing 13.6 pounds lost so far is really motivating. My really bad news is that my surgery might be delayed next Wednesday. I guess the anaesthesiologist didn’t like my EKG (it showed a bundle branch block) which in layman’s terms means my heart doesn’t fire perfect. Since I show no other symptoms, like being dead of a heart attack, it could be nothing or it could be further investigation by a cardiologist which means delay. I am waiting patiently for the nurse at the clinic to get back to me with some information. Since I will be travelling out of town for the surgery, I need to cancel the hotel reservation if I don’t get banded next week. And I am booked off work-WTF-I’m taking my time off no matter what! My first thought when they called was here I have been on this pre-op diet and why couldn’t they have told me before I started. After careful consideration (and a bunch of tears), I realized the best thing for me right now is to lose as much weight as I can without the band. The band will still be in my future as I know it will be the only thing that will help me lose all the pounds and the most important thing, to keep the weight off! Besides my stomach has deflated dramatically, like I was stuck with a pin so I guess the liver is shrinking which will help my fatty liver situation.
So send some positive vibes that the small heart issue is not a big deal and all those delayed signs will be set to “On Time” so I can be banded next Wednesday. Will keep you posted.