Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just Let It Happen

I had my first visit with the Weight Management Clinic where I will have my fills done and have them follow my weight loss. I have to pay for these visits but it saves me driving 10 hours round trip to the surgeon's office. I'm still not losing any weight but I think my head is in a better place and I know the pounds will come off. I also booked my appointment for my first fill in 2 weeks (which will be 4 weeks after surgery). I am hoping that it will be what I need to move forward. Funny how I was so impatient to start the pre-op diet, then impatient for surgery, then impatient to see results. I think I just need to take a breath and stop waiting for something to happen and just let it happen.

I also paid my sister a visit. She is very supportive but a bit perplexed about what this "thing" inside me is all about. She even offered to take in my jeans which are sagging terribly off my butt. She wonders what I can eat. She is also trying to lose about 30 pounds. I left shortly before lunch as I think she would have freaked trying to figure out if I could really eat what she made. It's funny getting across to people that we bandsters can eat almost everything. Oh well, I guess she and I will both learn what I can and cannot tolerate foodwise.

On the way home I stopped at the mall with three large floors so I walked around all three and decided it was enough exercise for today. No treadmill today. Tomorrow I'll up my distance to 1 mile and gradually build from there. I also stopped in to have my eyebrows waxed and shaped and then told the girl to go wild and wax the lip, chin and any other areas she thought were needed. My whole face is hairless. For lunch I had a Thai curry meal with rice-delish. It was strange not to order the "Diet Pepsi" like normal. I was able to eat most of it but left a lot of rice. The hardest part of all this eating is remembering not to drink with meals. In the past I have always had many glasses of water with my meal. I guess it was a way to wash the food down. At restaurants I have asked for them to leave the jug of water for me so they don't have to keep coming back for refills. But I still crave that drink of water while eating. I guess it is something to work on. And one other thing which may be my downfall. I can usually eat the entire basket of breads/rolls that come to the table and ask for more. I love fresh bread and rolls and doughnuts and ... OK I'll stop right now and think protein first!

6 comments:

workinprogress said...

My TOTAL sympathy with not being able to drink with meals.

It is a hard habit to break!! I'm worried I will do it without thinking!

Lap Band Groupie said...

OK, now I've got head hunger...I could live on warm bread...and chocolate!

I drink right up until I eat many times...if my stomach is empty it goes right through.

Band-Babe said...

Thanks for the delete help! And, you'll find YOUR way. I can only speak to what works for me. Congrats on the saggy butt jeans!

Kristen said...

i was wondering why there was a hairless animal on your page.. then i laughed at the wild waxing! :0) yeah, i pretty much base my tips on how fast a server can re-fill my drink (and keep it filled) ..so i can only imagine what i'll feel like after the band..oyvey! :0)

Jacquie said...

Hi Sandy! I am so happy you visited my blog and let me to yours. I am looking forward to following you on your journey. I have 28 days left before surgery to learn so much from you and all the other great bloggers! Thank you for sharing this with me.

Girl Bandit said...

Hi SL...I took a while to adjust to the drinking too....but am very good at it except when out to dinner where I sip on my wine. The weight loss WILL happen if you make the right choices. Glad you took it easy with the shoopping v exercise...you are still recovering

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...