How does one get off the weight loss rollercoaster after 45 years of dieting? Most of my life has been spent either dieting, thinking about dieting, refusing to go on another diet or just plain giving up. I am tired of the twists and turns ... So it's time to get off the ride for good.2. When did you start blogging? December 30, 2009.
3. Theme of blog (weight loss, family, circus clowns, sci-fi, erotica, fly fishing, doll collecting, star wars, etc) Weight loss and all the other stuff that sort of pops up in my life.
4. Did you go to BOOBs 2010? YES, I sucked up all my courage and decided to meet with a huge group of complete strangers and hoped they weren't axe murderers! And none of them are (although I have my doubts about this one particular one...).
5. When were you banded? February 10, 2010
6. How much have you lost? 40 pounds, from 210 to 170. I have high hopes for another 20 though.
7. What are you most looking forward to at BOOBs? Just reliving the amazing atmosphere that surrounded us last year.
8. What/who do you hope to find/see/accomplish at BOOBs 2011? Drink Long Island Iced Teas? Sing karaoke? I want to see everyone and hope they want to see me.
9. Children? Pets? My daughter is 28 and my son is 26. Pets? No but does my DH count?
10. Who is your roomie? I'm shacking up with Robin again this year.
11. What day do you arrive? Friday afternoon.
12. What airport/flight/time? Hard one. You see I'm driving. I need a defill and will stop at my clinic on the way down, visit with an old aunt (yup, she's 86) near where I grew up and then it's about a 4 hour drive to Chicago. But I have my GPS lady to keep me company.
13. What events are you signed up for? I didn't sign up for anything except the big ass full dinner with hunks of meat on skewers or swords. See #12 about the defill.
But I'm hoping to be able to go to the Sears Tower or the Friday afternoon walking tour (but only if I can get a ticket when I arrive and there is room on the tour). Just playing it by ear.
14. Hobbies? Digital Scrapbooking. Travel all over the world. God, I need a life.
15. Career? I've done lots of stuff. I started as a teacher and hated it. Became a Registered Nurse and saved people. Stayed home with my kiddies and was bored out of my mind. Retrained in computers and now I help develop applications for the government. Pays great. Only a few years left before I can retire, but I need a hobby first.
16. Single? Married? In a relationship? Married for 30 years this October. Which is one reason I am getting the defill. We are going to Europe for our anniversary at the end of October and flying makes my band shut tight and I want to be able to eat!
17. Your birthday month? March: Pisces
18. What do you want other BOOBs to know about you? I cry at almost anything. Some might think I'm just an old lady (ok, I'm 57) but I don't feel "old". I had the greatest time meeting complete strangers last year and have since internet-adopted multiple BOOBS. I call myself an internet-Mom (or iMom) with a whole bunch of iKids. I even have many many iSisters. And when one of them is hurting, I hurt too. So come cry with me, but only happy tears. Oh, and we can sing karaoke if you like.