Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I Am S.A.D

7 sleeps left before being banded. It feels more like the anticipation before Christmas, except before Christmas I get to eat all sorts of sweets and treats and sugary things. Not now. I am in full blown “ketosis”. My mouth tastes like metal, my breath stinks. I am still waiting for the “I feel like a million dollars” moment to occur. But I am surviving, just like all of you before me.

I just got back from a break with my new manager and a few colleagues. Of course we went to a donut shop but I only had my cuppu tea-black-no sugar. It wasn’t that hard to not eat a donut, so I guess this ketosis thing is a way for the brain to go into an out of body state. I am getting a bit depressed but only because I suffer from S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder) from low serotonin. And of course the way to boost serotonin in the brain is through carbohydrates which of course can’t be found anywhere in my body. My DH is handling it ok, as I snap that I am fine and just leave me alone. Let me sleep and bitch and wander the house and don’t ask stupid questions! But the sun did come out today and is supposed to be out tomorrow too. The weatherman says we are now gaining 2 minutes of daylight a day, so by the end of February we should have another hour of light. Sorry to those in the southern hemisphere who are losing those 2 minutes a day as you head into fall and winter.

Next week at this time, they will be waking me up and I will be on the other side. Yahoo!

6 comments:

Band-Babe said...

Yup, this makes you part of the sisterhood. It's all worth it, at least from my perspective. I promise.

Gilly said...

Poor puddin'! I hope you get that moment of "I'M FREE!!" soon! Because I do NOT suffer from S.A.D, and I was snapping at everyone...and weeping...oh I was such a mess! This last week will fly by!

~*~*~*SUNSHINE VIBES~*~*~*

workinprogress said...

The pre-op diet is tough!!!!

Hang in there - it will all be behind you soon :-)

Gen said...

I was diagnosed with SAD plus regular old depression - Wellbutrin helps a ton with SAD. But add low carb to the mix? Forget it! I could never stay on Atkins, I would get so freaking depressed! So I feel for you, I really do! This too shall pass. Hang in there.

Girl Bandit said...

Wow...not long now...I am sure you won't regret it. And I am sure your winters are much colder than ours....it has been so humid here....blah!!!

The Candid Bandit said...

Thank you SO much for introducing yourself to me, I love nothing more than discovering new bloggers.

We will do this journey together. Will will live a substancially better life in just a few months.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...