Then Beth Ann asked for some meal ideas.
I don't know if it is much help but my favourite go to quickie meals are:
- Grilled cheese sandwich: made with two cheese slices (dipped in ketchup as the side vegetable)
- Meatballs: this idea came from Jessie and I finally found the PC Blue Menu Lean Italian Beef Meatballs. 6 balls/160 calories/15g protein/8g fat. 2 minutes in the microwave, covered in BBQ sauce (for the side vege) and yum. Gilly, these are only available in Canada at Loblaws, Zehrs, Fortinos, etc (their Blue Menu items) but I know the US has a plethora of similar ones.
- Black beans and Rice with shredded Rotisserie Chicken: I now have a recipe for this and buy the chicken on my way home (it's on special Tuesday nights, only $6.99). I also use the Stouffer's frozen entré, Santa Fe Style Rice and Beans—I split it in half and get two meals out of it. OMG, you could use Monterey Jack Cheese too!
- Soup: I don't care if they call these slider foods. I love my soup as does Amy and they fill me up with minimal calories. Sometimes I have it with my meatballs or throw in some shredded chicken. My favs are broccoli, squash and Goulash soup.
Giving me the segway to a blog which had that in the title. It was such a great post: What has She Been Smokin' with some very mouth watering, non-gluten, high protein suggestions.
As I mentioned in my last post, I've made the switch to my new blog, The Rest of Our Days. Here are a couple of posts you can check out if you haven't been to visit me yet.
- Funeral Portraits was a bit macabre but also a bit funny when Tess left me a great comment.
- And after my Coffee post I found out there are people in this world that do not like coffee. Hmmmm….