Friday, May 14, 2010

BYOC-Friday

It’s another Friday episode of BYOC (Bring Your Own Craziness) where we answer just 5 questions (some funny, some serious) in order to learn more about our fellow bloggers whether they are old or new followers.

1. If you could be a cartoon character – who would you be and why? Wilma from the Flintstones. She always had this cute little waist and knew how to keep Fred in line (even though he didn't know it). And she birthed cute little Pebbles (not sure how but she did).

2.. Who was your teenage heart throb? This one makes me think. It was so long ago. But I loved The Monkees and had posters all over my room. This was the sixties when everyone was drooling over the Beatles and Elvis. I liked my Monkees.

3. Do you believe being overweight is about a mental obstacle or do you believe it’s simply about overeating/food? Both. No I guess I have to explain. This week has not been the best week emotionally and mentally. Death of two of my son's friends and the death of Jacquie's father and BIL hit me hard. I have had a crappy week at work with my F'ing incident. I had to have a little discussion about that with my director about unprofessional behaviour but he is leaving it up to me if I want to apologize. And he is going to try to find me another position. I had a lot of tears and a lot of wanting to eat because of all these terrible things happening. But I couldn't eat and I didn't eat. I let the emotions run their course and guess what, my weight is down a bit. What got me thinking about this is reading the book "God Women Food" by Geneen Roth. I am only through the first two chapters but the gist of it is, if you use food to numb your pain, it becomes your drug. Sometimes you have to just feel the pain. Now I love my food and wine and will probably never get too skinny because of that. I want to live, understand that I can't dull the pain with food or booze and know that the pain won't kill me. I can't wait for chapter 3-maybe I'll have another epiphany.

4. What’s your all-time favorite song? "The Rose" by Bette Midler. I walked down the aisle to that almost 29 years ago. I used to play the 45 over and over again (that's those little records). It became my anthem while trying to sort out my life in my mid 20's—breaking up with a real jerk, moving to a new city, starting a new job. And in all of this, found the love of my life when I wasn't really looking. I had to post the lyrics:

  Some say love, it is a river that drowns the tender reed.
  Some say love, it is a razor that leaves your soul to bleed.
  Some say love, it is a hunger, an endless aching need.
  I say love, it is a flower, and you its only seed.

  It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance.
  It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance.
  It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give,
  and the soul afraid of dyin' that never learns to live.

  When the night has been too lonely and the road has been to long,
  and you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
  just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows
  lies the seed that with the sun's love in the spring becomes the rose.

5. Whose blog or comment spoke to you/stuck with you this week and why? This is our “you get to be famous for a moment” without having to follow all the rules of an official blog award question. Now you all know I post my Lollipop award to the one blog that was most inspirational. It was tough this week. I am heartbroken about Jacquie losing her father and BIL in a motorcycle accident and you could feel the relief when she posted that her hubby was home. 

I had a lot of comments with my Word for Today is F**K and I appreciate that I am not alone. I also posted some of my old pictures and decided I looked pretty good. But then a few other posts jumped out at me, as I struggled through this week. Jess had the sweetest vlog and Gail actually jumped out of a perfectly fine plane and lived to tell how exciting it was. But the one that tickled my thought process most and is getting the Lollipop award was to our dear Drazil for Thank You Very Much, but I'll Take Sticks and Stones. You can see hers and some of the other links on the right column.

As I mentioned above, I have been down in the dumps this week. I have been reading blogs but haven't felt much like writing any posts (well I guess I did a couple). This feeling the emotions is hard work but I think it will be worth it. And I'll be reading more of Geneen Roth's book this weekend.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Loved your answers! I loved the Monkey's too, Davey Jones was perfect, but I had a thing for Mike too! Memories! I'm sorry that things have been rough for you, I hope they get better soon.

Band-Babe said...

This is awesome. Lots of love to you. Have a relaxing weekend!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Oh Wilma - I forgot her. And I love love love The Rose - but I love it when Conway Twitty sings it. Have you heard his version. You can't apologize for saying f*ck...it's my fave word you say. LOL

Jess said...

I could totally see you as Wilma! Haha that's a good one. I love that song too. My Granny always loved that song and she played it alot. In fact, I sang it a few times at church events when I was younger. And who doesn't like the word f*ck? :) Hope your weekend brings a lil joy along with it!

Girl Bandit said...

So sorry to hear about your sons friends and your tough time...and I am glad that something positive such as feeling your feelings came out of it as tough as that may be. Take care and be nice to you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...