Thursday, July 28, 2011

My King Size Bed

I'm still on vacation/sick time. Still have some pain in the side but it's manageable. I have an ultrasound on Friday morning so hope to have some results early next week. This is a long weekend here in Ontario and the weather is great. Hot, but not muggy like last week.

My hubby works from home and since I have the week off, he was going to take some time off. Not! He worked in Montreal on Monday, Toronto on Tuesday. Was on the phone all day Wednesday and it started out the same this morning til I said Enough!

We need to go shopping for a new bed. So he pencilled me in for a hour trip to the store. Our old King size bed has two divets where each of us sleep and this big hump in between us. It felt like two twins pushed together. Neither of us wanted to make the trip up and over the hump. It was beginning to feel like the Rihanna song called California King Size Bed (click to read lyrics).

The salesman, Gord was a sweety. First of all I had to tell him to stop calling me ma'am. I hate ma'am. It makes me feel soooo old.

He hands us both a pillow and off we go trying out beds. I actually just wanted to have a little nap but he kept us hopping from one bed to another until we found our perfect sleeper.

Of course it's a King Size (regular one, not the California King Size like in the song). It is a pillow top, medium firmness and NO hump between us. He threw in a couple of really nice pillows. I should sleep like a baby especially when we will now be able to snuggle much more without the hump.

We get it next week. I can't wait for a really good night's sleep.

10 comments:

Liz said...

A good bed is SOOOO important! Yay for finding one!

Rhonda said...

Sounds amazing, I need a new bed, but all of my extra cash is for going to BOOBs at the moment! Sadface.

Maybe Gord will come down to Texas and cut me a good deal?

~Lisa~ said...

Ohhhh a new bed is sooooo wonderful!! Good for YOU!! Enjoy!

Lee Ann said...

"no one wanted to make the trip over the hump," LOL!

Yay for new beds. :)

Nella said...

Oh my gawd, I am getting the exact same pain on my right side under my breast bone and radiates to the side. IS IT OUR GALLBLADDERS?? I went for an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago. Debating whether to go to emergency. What kind of meds are you taking??

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I have a california king and love it....can't wait til you get good sleep!

Barbara said...

I not only hope you get a new bed but some hot action in that bed and that Hump takes on a new meaning.. LOL I am soooo bad.. loveyou

Joey said...

Aww...well one good thing came out of this thing.

dede said...

Wow...I'm not going to try and sell you a new bed...just going to say that I see the same ugly hump developing in our king...think I'll sleep on top of it tonight...smash it down a little...heehee
dede

Gen said...

Oh I love a new bed! Now I'm thinking maybe its time for us to get one....

Thanks for your comments, its so great to hear from you. I hope you feel better soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...