Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What I Did on My Summer Vacation

Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye. I am now on vacation and I thought I'd let you know how it's going.

Last Thursday, July 21st: I walked out on my manager and did not go back to work on Friday. I go back to my previous job on August 2nd. My exit wasn't quite as gracious as I had hoped but I knew if I didn't leave when I did, I would regret the words that would shortly be exiting my mouth. Nuf said. Put the crap behind and move on.

Friday, July 22nd: Cried a lot. A friend told me that it takes at least 20 positive comments to overturn just 1 negative comment. That night I was at my sister's place for a fantastic BBQ. Drank much wine, laughed and had fun. Dinner finished with a lovely White Chocolate Crème Brulée.

Monday I started painting my master bathroom. A lovely green called Home Song. Began to notice a pulled muscle but worked through the pain. After the second coat of paint the pain started getting worse. So more Tylenol and I took a break. Now I wasn't feeling so great.

Today. I didn't sleep well last night as it felt like someone had punched me under my right rib. It finally dawned on me that it might be my gallbladder. Since my doc is on vacation I headed to the clinic across the street from me and after a short wait, he ordered an Ultrasound and gave me some little pills to stop the spasms. The ultrasound is Friday morning so I'm hoping it will tell me why I feel like crap.

So much for my vacation. Guess I'll go back to work and change my time off to sick time and save my few days of vacation for another time. Now I'm wondering if I will need to have my gallbladder out and if so just when I can have it done. I need to plan it around a trip to Toronto, BOOBS and my trip to Europe at the end of October. And don't forget I am starting back at my old job and would like to get things worked out there as well.

I know that many who have lost weight end up having their gallbladder removed. Funny but I didn't lose a whole lot of weight and I also didn't lose it that fast. I am the same weight as I was last year at this time. It can also be triggered by eating fat. And I have been eating a lot of fat lately, including two Crème Brulée's.

Guess it's age. Things are just wearing out.

10 comments:

Robin said...

Oh Sandy... I feel your pain (literally). Hope they can find the problem and it isn't your GB (or if it is, you can get it scheduled quickly).

Sorry your time off is not very pleasant. You need to get better for Chicago!!!!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

You little muffin - take care of yourself. Drink more wine. More wine - less pain. If I was there I'd sing you a lullaby and make you chicken soup until you were all better. I love you!

~Lisa~ said...

I guess I was "fortunate" by having my gallbladder out years ago - please take care of yourself and get the dern thing out if you have to!

Recovery wasn't bad at all - took less then a week to feel like myself.. And having it out was FAR better than the attacks! Wine helps too!

dede said...

Hiya, Sandy...i HATE to hear that about your possible GB problems!!! I had hoped my surgeon would take mine out when I was banded this month...but he said it looked healthy...gggrrrr. Maybe the symptoms will subside when your toxic work environ works it's way out of your life!!
Here's a glass to a better rest of the week!!!
dede

Amanda said...

life will feel so much better away from to toxic work, I feel sure!! Have a glass of wine on ne!!

Marie said...

Bummer! Hope you feel better and maybe it isn't your gallbladder. That sucks when you are wanting to take some vacation time off.

The work situation sucks -- sorry to hear about that. Hope that gets better too. At least you have a job. Just what you want to hear right? I've been out of work for 8 months - can't hardly believe it.

Pamela E. Williams said...

Awww I hope you are feeling better. I have had my gallbladder removed ('97) so I understand your pain. Hopefully it isn't that.

Good for you on walking out before you said something bad.

Joey said...

Oh no! I hope it's something very minor. Very. Kisses!

Beth Ann said...

Oh goodness, I hope you feel better soon!

That works situation sounds awful. Big hugs!

Lyla said...

The gallbladder is a fickle organ. I had to have mine out in college.

I'm sorry you had a sucky vacation, but good things are coming your way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...