As I pondered a word, I actually Googled "inspiring words" but nothing jumped out at me til I realized one thing. I was NOT very patient. So that became my word for this year:
- the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
- an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay.
- quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence.
- Patience when I hit a plateau and the weight comes off so slowly.
- Patience when listening to others at home and work even when it takes forever for them to get to the point.
- Patience to control my temper when things irritate me.
- Patience to take one day at a time, to stop and smell the roses, to live in the moment because we don't really know how many moments we have left.
My Little NSV
I'm going to be a Mother-of-the-Bride. My daughter and her beau were engaged over the holiday. The wedding probably won't be until 2012 but both my hubby and I are delighted for them.
A year ago, my first thought would have been, "OMG I will look so fat in the photos". This year the thought didn't even cross my mind until today. Maybe it isn't a little NSV. It's a Major NSV for me.
(If you are new and don't know the term, NSV = Non-Scale Victory (or sometimes Non Surgical Victory). It took me months to figure that one out when I first started blogging. Thanks Justine for helping me with the defn.)