Monday, November 1, 2010

I Went to the Gym and Nasty Mail

I actually got my @ss out the door and went back to the gym. There were plenty of excuses not to go but then I stepped on the scale and that gave me the motivation to move.

I haven't been to the gym since August. Early August. But I went today and did 20 minutes on the elliptical with a few intervals. I don't make goals as I never keep them so I'm going to make the gym a routine and hopefully the gym will be my friend again.

Then I came home and checked the mail. This is what came today. Toblerone-topped caramel cheesecake. Oh the inhumanity.
If you really want the recipe, click on the picture.

After my weeks of feeling stuck almost daily, all has been well for the last week. Maybe too well as I am eating way too much. I just finished sushi without problem. I take a few bites of food, then wait for 5-30 minutes and I can eat the rest. But I'm hungry about 2 hours later. I think I need a teeny tiny fill again.

12 comments:

Justawallflower said...

my mouth just started watering! in fact, I think I gained just looking at that!

Good job on getting to the gym!

Ms. M said...

That picture should be banned from my view... permanently! Somehow I have a feeling there's one of those waiting in my mailbox too. Note to self: send son to mailbox & instruct him to put that item straight into recycling, lol.

~Lisa~ said...

Yeah on going back to the gym!! Way to go! Now all you have to do is tape the mailbox shut!!

Maree said...

That is just cruel!

Silverhairedgoddess said...

My mouth is watering too !

So many lovely cakes and cookies that people make during the Christmas Holidays which is coming up within 7 weeks - but this year I will have a little friend to help me.

Good job... going back to the gym - I don't like to exercise myself but I like what it does for me :)

Amanda Kiska said...

Good job getting back to the gym!

Darlin1 said...

Good job going to the gym. I really work on my head and tell myself I love it and how wonderful it makes me feel---of course I swim---and it really does! Wish you lived close I'm a good motivator ;-)

Gen said...

Who makes up this stuff? Seriously? Toblerone topping?

Great job going to the gym! Funny, I was debating whether to go running yesterday and saw your comment about the trails at my house - I saw that as a sign and went for it! I have been exercising more lately, and it is KEY!

Also great for depression - let's get that serotonin flowing!

Gilly said...

I just got that in MY mail too! TWICE!!! Ahhhhh!!!!

Joey said...

Nice work on the gym, lady!!!

Nella said...

Love my KRAFT mag!

Christina @ Love Yourself Healthy said...

Oh lord, that picture should be banned! My husband toasted a bagel with cheese for dinner last night (I'm still on liquids) and it was all I could do not to take it from him (cheese is my weakness, especially hot melty cheese).

Hmm, I like the advice about "priming the pump". I haven't heard that before, and it's good to know for when I start eating real food again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...