Friday, November 5, 2010

Who Was Your First...

I am throwing this out to blogland. Get your heads out of the gutter dear ones. There seems to be a lot of newbies out in the world who would love to know how we got started. So answer the following three questions:

1. Who were the first people who started following your blog
  • Gilly  (SSS Fat Chick. Are you jealous? She was my first!)
  • TJ (Metamorphic Journey)
  • Cara (The Dash)
  • Debi (Hawaii Bound Bandster)
  • Yana (Girl Meets Band)
  • Jen (Jen is Gonna Lose It)
  • Jess (The Little Bandit)
2. Who are my newest followers on my blog:
  • Read (My Trek Downward): right now giving Drazil a run for funniest blogger-sorry dear little one!
  • Libby (This One Time in Band Camp)
  • Angela (A Better Me)
  • Christina (Memoirs of a Daegu Fatty)
  • Lisa (The Rest Of My Life )
  • Lyla (Big Fat Professor): just in seconds ago!
2. Do you remember the first blog you read?
  • Gen (i heart the band): in fact I was so flattered when she followed me back!
3. The first 10 bloggers that commented on my first few posts (other than those above)
I couldn't stick to 10 so here are a few others who gave me such great comments just as I had surgery:  BiancaJ, SuperMegaAnna, Carmen, Nene, The Sweet Spot, Tina.

I found the easiest way to find all these people was to go to my Dashboard/Edit Posts where you can scroll to your earliest posts. Click on the Comments button to see those that were there at the very beginning. Sometimes I thought I was alone in this universe but you were there and it grew and grew and grew as the days and months evolved.

Kind of cool looking back and reading some earlier inspiration. Thanks all you oldies and newbies. I couldn't have gotten this far without you.

11 comments:

Jess said...

Very cool. I might do it too...if I can figure out how. ;)

Maria said...

Great idea, Sandy! I will do this over the weekend.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Awwww your firsts were a bunch of goodies for sure.

Robin said...

I'd be curious who my firsts were (and I sure could come up with comments) but as to the first I followed, and who followed me, I don't know how I'd find that.

Kristin said...

It never ceases to amaze me how much the blog support means to me. Reading about everyone's experiences is more helpful than any other kind of research I could have done.

Great list, Sandy. You've returned the favor many times over by commenting and reading so many other peoples' blogs.

Read said...

Oh my goodness!!! I got a shout out and a lovely (totally fabricated) comment about my blog on Sandy Lee's blog!!! Woo hoo, you've totally made my day, maybe my week!

Roo said...

Such a great idea to go back and look at the beginning...I know that my firsts were a huge inspiration! I might steal this idea...

Dinnerland said...

That is a fun idea! thanks for the great comment on my post today.. it is encouraging to know I am not alone. In fact: it seems we may be encountering a normal period of time that includes a bump in the road on the banding process....
The key is to stick with the fills and not avoid the doctor!!

Band-Babe said...

Wow... we started our blogs one day apart. I've never gone back to read mine, but that's an idea. I never thought when I started blogging that it would be this good. I thought it would just be a journal of sorts. And now we have all this support and good friends. Wow, again.

Joey said...

Awwww...memories like the corners of my mind...

Jen said...

Aww! This is agreat idea. How did I miss this. I need to quit working so much. So do you. 6 whole days? Where are you iMOM?

Hugs,
Jenny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...