But the best version of the song was on his live album. And today he doesn't have much hair. But then neither does my DH. And I still love him.
The rest is of this week I'll do in bullets:
- My heart ached on Monday when Portia de Rossi (now deGeneres) talked about her anorexia and bulimia. And having to hide that she was gay. Her book is moving and in it she tells how she gave up dieting of any sort. She's on Ellen today.
- I can eat again. Yup. Everything. I haven't been stuck for almost two weeks so the priming my band by eating or drinking something 5-20 minutes and then waiting has worked. In fact too much. I have been enjoying pasta, bread, english muffins. A bit too much. I still want to be able to eat every food, but I am eating way too much. So I booked a small fill for next Monday. Maybe a top up of 0.1cc. I know, I'm weird. That tiny little bit can get me to my sweet spot and cut the cravings. I'm up about 4 pounds from my lowest and know I need the band to help me stop gaining.
- It snowed here last week and we might get more on the weekend. I need a new winter coat as my one from last year is huge.
- I get cold. Really cold. I used to keep the furnace at about 18C (65F) and I was still hot and sweaty. Last night I boosted the furnace to 22C (74F), put on my flannel pants, flannel nightgown and fluffy socks. Then I covered myself with a blanket. Now I understand why people used to complain about how cold my house was.
- Baking Day is almost here. For years, my family has gotten together to bake goodies for Christmas. This year it is December 3rd but we are having a planning meeting next Thursday. I have a sister who is a bit of a planner (said with a straight face) and likes to have things organized. Last year she had to buy 26 pounds of butter for all our treats. We are cutting back this year. Only 5 of us and we think that we will just make a few cookies, squares and appetizers. None of us need all that
crapstuff in our bodies anymore.
- Shout out to Grace. I've missed you posting up to 5 times a day. I know, you are busy, busy, busy. No pressure. Just leave me a comment (LOL). And CindyLew, where art thou. Amy? Kagead? And... (please add your name here if you are missing in blogland). Know we miss you. Joey, thanks for the vlog. I was feeling lost.
- My work blocked Blogger but I can still read your posts through Google Reader. But I can't see the pictures so I've had to wait until I'm home to see all the cutie kids in Hallowe'en costumes. And Gen has been showing off her tush. I haven't been able to comment much but I'm trying. A bunch of newbies have made themselves known and I've been enjoying reliving the novelty of the band again.
- We're going out for dinner at a friends house Friday night. They have a big honkin' projection TV (one of those 10x 6) screens, so hope we see a good movie. We too are installing the big screen, hopefully before Christmas. I love movies. The louder the better. My favourite was the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I've seen them all about 25 times each. Can't wait to rewatch them again on the big screen at home in a comfy chair.
- November 11th is Remembrance Day here in Canada. I get the day off because I work for the government. Take a minute and wear a poppy to show we will NEVER forget.
- One last thing. Gilly had knee surgery today, so go show her some love and get well wishes.
- One last last thing. I went to the gym for the second time last night. Go me!
That's it. Have a great weekend. And be very thankful that snow isn't in the forecast.