Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I'm keeping it low key this year on St. Patrick's Day. Many times we have spent the evening in an Irish Pub drinking some beer and eating fish and chips. But this year not really in the mood to party. DH is at a hockey game (Senators vs NJ) so I am here by myself just enjoying the solitude. Sipping a a glass of cheer for the day as I have some Irish blood in me. My great great grandparents arrived during the Irish famine and settled in Canada. One day I'll visit Ireland as it draws me there. So raise a glass to toast those that were, those that are and those that are yet to come.
And a big thankyou to all my blogger friends who keep me grounded. You are truly appreciated.

12 comments:

Read said...

And a happy St. Patty's day to you Lassie!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I'm Irish too but no green beer for me. Happy Green Day to you iMom!

Marie said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day Sandy! Have a sip for me!

Beth Ann said...

Happy St. Patty's! Look forward to meeting you in Chicago!!

Jen from Oregon said...

Love the blessing, right back at ya!
enjoy your evening!

Kristin said...

Happy St. Patty's Day to you too!

Tina said...

Happy St. Patricks day to you too! I have never been a big celebrator but I did wear my green :)

Lonicera said...

My all-time favourite greeting is the Irish blessing - do you know it?

"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rain fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand."

Lovely. Happy St Patrick's Day Sandy.

Caroline

Theresa said...

Hope it was happy indeed!

Rhonda said...

Happy (late) St. Patty's day to you, too! :) Glad you had a nice relaxing night!

Dinnerland said...

Such a sweet blessing, thank you.
ANd back at you-- you are such a good and warm supportive friend, I truly appreciate your comments, they really are like a warm hug through the internet...
As for my darkest thoughts-- that's what they are: thoughts. ANd I am feeling much better today. It is Saturday and I am away from that horrid toxic place.
YIPEE!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend...

Bonnie said...

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my latest post. It really meant a lot to me that you remembered the post about my mom from last year. She was a special lady and so are you. XO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...