Saturday, March 26, 2011

Changes & Unfill Update

Gilly mentioned she quit her job. I guess it was catching because so did I!

Sort of.

I've been on assignment with an IT group for the last nine months replacing someone on maternity leave. But it's been brutal. One of the most toxic environments I have ever worked. No cooperation and you can actually feel the contempt floating in the air from our client. My manager has been very supportive but sometimes you just have to call it quits. So I did.

My choice was to go back to my previous "home" position or do a little shopping around amongst a bunch of other groups. And it was successful. A manager that I worked with before will take me on. Quick and easy. I just had to ask. She's excited because now she has someone to write processes and procedures and keep track of projects. Lots of fun!

So now the wind-down of my current work. I'm hoping to get out of Dodge by the beginning of May (3 months earlier than expected). It is sad that it had to come to this but the situation was just not getting better like we were promised. I feel bad for the few that have not found their way out of the mess, but someone has to keep the lights on.

Now that the monkey is off my back, it is actually freeing. It only takes me 10 minutes to get to work now and the new place will take me 40 minutes, but as I said to my new boss, sometimes those 10 minutes can suck the life out of you.

Just a little update from some previous posts:
  • My Unfill: I can eat again. And again, and again. It's been 4 weeks and I think I need to start adding a few drops back. My weight is at 168 lbs and I still have restriction (now have about 3.9 cc after they took out 0.5 cc) but am snacking too much. I am waiting as I am on antibiotics (after my tooth was pulled) and I want to make sure the capsules actually go down. They were a bit of a problem last week when I started them as well as the Advil LiquiGels. I had some esophageal spasms and it hurt like heck. It takes lots and lots of water to make them go down. One word of advice: if you think you can just open a LiquiGel and drink it. DON'T. Advil liquid is one of the most disgustingly bitter liquids I have ever tasted.

  • Makeup Makeover: A while back a friend needed me as a model for her makeup class. She helps those who have had cancer feel better by giving them ideas for using makeup. The class was for makeup for TV so it is a bit heavy. She finally sent me pics and I really don't recognize myself. I changed my profile picture but it still doesn't seem to be me. But it is. Here are the few she sent me (that I will post). At least I've lost my double, double chin. It's amazing that a good application of makeup can erase what I think I look like.
But hey. I need to get used to this new 57 year old face. And there is always Photoshop when we need a little tweaking.

Lastly, could someone make it warmer. We have had this freakin cold weather (0 C or 30 F) for the last week. I am so over winter. The snow is almost gone but please warm up!

19 comments:

Gilly said...

Did I hear my name? :)

I wondered about that pic...man you look great! I like your hair like that a lot!!

Um...did you come into the GTA for your unfill (or fill??)? You better call me if you do!!! Seriously!

Lyla said...

You look awesome-- pretty pictures :)

Cindylew said...

Absolutely gorgeous.
Can't wait to see my little Tootsie Roll.
Jealous of your freedom from job discontent.

Sherry said...

You look so great Sandy!

-Grace- said...

You're gorgeous!!!

Marie said...

Very beautiful pics!

Amazing how toxic a work environment can get isn't it? So glad you found a new job!!! Congrats!

Marie said...

Very beautiful pics!

Amazing how toxic a work environment can get isn't it? So glad you found a new job!!! Congrats!

Jen from Oregon said...

Those are great pictures! Congrats on the new job.

Lonicera said...

They're not only knockout pictures, they also show how you're feeling good within, and going to a job where you're appreciated is the icing on the cake. I'm so pleased for you.
Caroline

Theresa said...

You look great Sandy! Congrats on getting the monkey of your back!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Gorgeous...you look 20 years younger! And I'm so happy your job sitch is going to get better.

Lonicera said...

Sandy, please may I ask a small favour? On my computer none of the images I uploaded with my recent post are appearing, just little squares. The first one ought to be one of Elizabeth Taylor. They appear if you click on the square, but not otherwise. I've tried clearing browser cache, disabling a few add-ons, but nothing works. Any ideas? Can you see anything at all?
Thanks a lot.
Caroline

Blossom said...

You look lovely! I don't think it's too much at all, just may seem that way to you if you're not used to wearing a full face. Glad you are in a better job position; hating going to work really sucks (been there!).

Tina said...

you look great! It is funny isn't it that we look in the mirror everyday and never really see ourselves until presented with a picture?

Congrats on your job change! I hope this one is a keeper!

xxxooo

Darlin1 said...

Love the make-over-beautiful-you really do look younger!

Glad you changed jobs-life is too short to settle for less. Maybe the change has something to do with looking younger?

Wishing you some warm and sunny weather-

xo

Stephanie M. said...

I know what you mean about toxic environments...and that's all I'll say about that. :-) Congrats on the new position. And you look great in those pics!

Pamela E. Williams said...

You look awesome Sandy!!

tagyourit said...

Those are really good pics of you!

Joey said...

May feel a little weird to you, but I think you look GREAT!

I am there too with the post-unfill. -.3cc's and I go from being stuck all the time to being able to eat whatever. Craziness!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...