BYOC everyone! 5 questions - some funny, some serious - we answer in our blogs to get to know each other better and to ease our fried brains on Fridays!
1. Love or money? High salary or job satisfaction? Love and job satisfaction. But money is kind of nice.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Saturday morning, sipping coffee and reading the paper. Remember I have no little kids at home.
3. Do you have a will? Did you tell anyone your wish to be kept alive or not? Both hubby and I have a will. I want to get them updated and get some Powers of Attorney written in case either of us is incapacitated. I don't want to give the government any extra money or powers if we die intestate (without a will). Our current will has the kids being taken care of by their aunt and uncle until they are 18. Since they've reached that age, it doesn't apply anymore, but when they were little I thought I should let them know that if anything happened to mommy or daddy they would go to live with Aunt K and Uncle B. They didn't ask any questions but a few weeks later one of them asked when they were going to go live with Aunt K and Uncle B. They love these two people and seemed a bit sad that they wouldn't be able to do that unless we both died.
4. Repeat question. Pick one thing for one day you'll do next week that aids in your physical or mental health. I think I will not make goals. But I will go to the gym since I missed my trainer last night.
5. Repeat questions. Make someone a superstar for a moment...whose comment or blog stuck with you this week and why. Today, Stephanie made me cry and can use a lot of support. I hope you go visit her and leave a comment. I was also inspired by Drazil's post about running. I even copied and saved it so I can repeat it often:
…But it doesn’t Matter
Adopt a new mantra –about life. The mantra is to add “but it doesn’t matter” to the end of everything. For running it goes like this. You might say or think “it’s going to rain today” – ADD “but it doesn’t matter.” Or “I didn’t get much sleep last night….but it doesn’t matter.” Or “I don’t think I feel like running today…but it doesn’t matter.” In life you might say “I don’t think life is fair…but it doesn’t matter.” “I don’t think Bob likes me…but it doesn’t matter.” Etc. Etc.
The theory is – life just *is*…but it doesn’t matter….do what you have to do anyway. It really doesn’t matter if it’s raining – you can still run. It really doesn’t matter if life isn’t fair – you can still live like it is. Nothing matters enough to make me quit or to make me stop learning, growing, thriving and loving. It’s basically a way of taking every excuse for every single part of your life and saying “yah, but it doesn’t matter.” – so get up and get going.
Have a great weekend everyone. I'm off to another cottage for my birthday party (yeah, I know, my birthday was in March, but this is the first time we have been able to plan a get together!). I'm down another 2 pounds to 177 and am thrilled to pieces. The wine is chillin' for that feat!