1. Where were you on September 11th? I was at work. At first we listened to the radio and then found a boardroom with a TV. Stunned and shocked were all I remember as they replayed the planes crashing into the towers and then watching them collapse. It didn’t matter that I was not American, this event defined a Western world pulling together to fight terrorism. When they announced that all American Airspace was closed, planes coming in across the Atlantic from Europe were diverted to land in Canada—at airports in Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Quebec. Stories were that thousands of flights landed in a 3 hour period. September 11th, 2001 was also my sister’s 50th birthday and my parents 52nd wedding anniversary. But I am old enough to also remember exactly where I was when:
- President Kennedy was shot in November 23, 1963. I was in grade 2 and the teacher announced it right after recess on a Friday afternoon in November.
- First Steps on the Moon on July 21, 1969. We stayed up late on a hot, muggy night watching Neil Armstrong take that first step.
- Space Shuttle Challenger exploded in January 28, 1986. My son was just 3 months old and I remember standing in the family room stunned as I watched on the TV, the white smoke tail in the sky.
- Princess Diana killed in a car crash on August 31, 1997. When I opened the paper that Sunday morning, I sobbed for the woman she was and the boys she left motherless.
3. How many blogs do you follow? 136
Do you read them all or just your faves? I read almost every one that comes up in my Dashboard.
Do you comment a little, a lot, on all? I try to comment a lot especially to those that leave comments for me. I usually only comment on blogs that I follow and if you follow me, I try to follow you (some followers do not have links, so I can't find them). If you follow me and I don't follow you, please leave me a comment and I'll come visit you. I also follow blogs which I find interesting but because they have so many followers it would be rare for them to be able to follow so many blogs.
Have you ever unfollowed someone because of something they said or you didn’t like their blog? No one has ever said anything weird or strange. Well except for Drazil who told me she wouldn’t comment for 2 weeks because I said I would stop following her. Here is my public apology—I will never un-follow Drazil and I am sorry if she thought I ever would. Never ever piss her off. She has powers you know. She will curse you and leave Sheniqua to sit on your hips.
Do you routinely unfollow and why? Yup. I unfollow blogs who have not blogged in months. I keep a few blogs around in hopes that they will eventually come back on line because I miss them.
4. Repeat question. Pick one day and one healthy thing you’ll do for just that day next week. I’m such a no-goal kind of gal. If I actually set a goal, I miss it and feel terrible. I guess it goes back to all the failures in the past. I am getting better though. But let me throw out this one: I am going to drink Sangria today and enjoy it immensely. I will also enjoy a BBQ at a cottage tonight and not care that I bought a lovely Pecan Pie to taste for dessert. No guilt, no regrets. Because this is life with the band.
OK, I will match Drazil and Carmen and drink 65 ounces of water on Wednesday. Does it matter that I always drink that much water EVERY day (and sometimes more)?
5. Repeat "Make someone a superstar" question. Whose blog or blog comment stuck with you this week and why?
Well that’s all folks. I’m off to a friend’s cottage til Sunday so will catch up on the blogs tomorrow. To my American friends: Have a fantastic Independence Day. I’ll be sure to celebrate too.