Now I will say, both these lovely girls are Band Superstars. And they are the reason we keep trucking through good and bad times. When I get to work each morning, the first thing I do is open my Google Reader to find out what is going on in all your lives. I can't actually go to your blogs because they are blocked so my commenting is sporadic.
But reading how everyone is doing gives me a lift. I don't need TV much anymore, as reading blogs is like having my own little Soap Opera every day like "The Days of Our Lives". Sometimes it is more like "The Young and the Restless", "Grey's Anatomy" or "The Simpson's". We have dramas and comedies and news. Some even have cliffhangers as we wait for a new post to find out the ending. Some bloggers are on hiatus but we hope for a comeback this season. Maybe like "Dallas", you can just forget an entire year.
I get a little something out of each of the blogs I follow, especially those that have been around for a looooong time. But it is also fun to see new faces with fresh ideas and questions. I see a few more followers and am trying to follow them. Please leave me a comment with a link to your blog if you'd like me to follow you too. I do edit out my list every once in awhile and drop those that haven't posted in a long time (so sad). But mostly I don't always want to hear about band stuff. I love hearing about life stuff.
It might be:
- Hearing how someone's family is coping with a medical problem and how it is affecting them: (House).
- Reading some delicious recipes (Guy's Big Bite).
- Feeling bad when I read about slipped bands and unfills and hoping and praying all will correct itself (ER).
- Learning how food affects different people, whether it is gluten, protein, sugar or fat (CSI).
- Knowing that weight loss by whatever means is hard work and the brain is so involved (The Mentalist).
- Watching the various exercise regimes people are following (The Biggest Loser).
- Finding out about different parts of the world because that is where some of the people I follow live (National Geographic).
- Having a good laugh because somedays I really need one (America's Funniest Home Videos).
But the ones that give me a boost are those that have lived this band life for years. I can list off all the current Band Superstars but also many more that have been around but have been a bit in the background. Please stay and keep giving out your advice and guidance. It is truly appreciated.
And on another note. Watch the Band Superstar Blog next week for a new episode, where another STAR will be revealed. The plot in this one makes a slight detour. But my lips are sealed. You will just have to wait.
We've also added a few new pages with links to some interesting posts. Check them out by clicking on the Pages listed on the right side of the Band Superstar blog. Please let us know if there is something you would like to add.
Until then, it's back to watching my favourite shows.