Thursday, June 2, 2011

Still Here!

It's been a long week getting Blogger to correct the commenting problem. Really, I went to your blog to comment and had too many problems so finally gave up. It's the thought that counts.

Not much going on in my world. I had a 0.1 cc fill on Wednesday and so far it is working. I haven't been craving the crap food like last week. My doc is so sweet. He is trying to understand how a fat person thinks. So he says to me: He thinks about what he wants to eat and then decides how much exercise he has to do to balance out the calories. If he can't do the exercise he adjusts the amount of food he eats. In other words, he doesn't eat some of the food he wants.

My reply (I'm actually thinking, are you f'ing mad): That doesn't happen to me. I would just eat everything and maybe then exercise a bit but it would really be stretching to think I could just turn down food.

He now had a confused look. He keeps shaking his head, trying to understand.

Well that is the difference between someone whose brain controls what we eat and someone whose brain is in control of what they eat.

Anyway, the fill works. He is still stunned that 0.1 cc can make a difference. Right, I had gained 5 pounds since I saw him last month. And I have been eating like there is no tomorrow. I'm already down 2 pounds so anyone who says the band doesn't help is so wrong. It is a tool to help. When adjusted properly you don't think much about food. I did ask my doc if he had ever forgotten to eat. His reply, of course. My reply, never. Until I had the band and had my sweet spot.

One last thing. I bought a couple of beads for my Pandora bracelet. This one is called Journey. It represents a path and all the bumps along the road in the journey of life. Mine really has lots of bumps.
This one is call Inner Strength. I think of my band as my Inner Strength and I imagine it being my band.

Many times during the day, I play with my beads. They give me peace.

I need to buy one in Chicago. Any suggestions?

8 comments:

Dinnerland said...

Don't know much about beads -- but glad you have a great doc and that your fill seems to be helping. xoxo DL

Darlin1 said...

Love the imagery I'm getting ;-)

Would love to go with you shopping for a new bead in Chicago.

Enjoy your fill!

( Imagine a man wrote this!!!) ;-)

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Please take me with you when you buy beads in Chicago...you can buy one that symbolizes your love for me - like a shoe charm or a purse charm. Ha! And then we can get a tattoo. Yes, yes. Love you and miss you!

DiZneDiVa said...

Love the beads, I really need a fill too. It was great seeing you, like a pre-Boobs.

Sam said...

Sounds like you have a great doc :o)

Does Pandora have bead that stands for 'strength in numbers' because that is what I think of when I heard all the great stories from last year :o)

Jen said...

I was beginning to worry about you! Glad you're back.
OK, so maybe I'm the only pervert here and I'll admit it: When I saw that picture I first thought it was some weird Canadian version of a French Tickler. lol - I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

I like Sam's idea...strength in numbers.

And watch out..Draz is on a MISSION to get someone to go with her for a tattoo in Chicago. And it's not going to be me. lol

Your doctor DOES sound cute. Haha..forgot to eat? Putting the food back? That makes me literally LAUGH OUT LOUD.

As to the commenting problem...(CURSE YOU BLOGGER!)
this is what worked for me.
I use IE.
When you are already logged into blogger and you read a post, then go to comment it will take you BACK to the log-in page.
Enter your log in info, but UNcheck the box that says "Keep Me Logged In"
Then log in.
It should work.
If it doesn't, I have no idea what to say. Blogger has been horrible lately. I hope they figure it out soon.

Beth Ann said...

What beautiful beads! And so meaningful. :)

tagyourit said...

I love the beads and what they stand for.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...