Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Whole Enchilada

I ate it. And then half of the second enchilada. It was yummy along with the beans and nacho chips and salsa. Oh yeah. Throw in a glass or two of Sangria and I'd say, the band is being very friendly right now.

After my fill two weeks ago (0.2 cc) I've been eating all types of food and have especially enjoyed toast. I chew the beejeebus out of everything. I am a model chewer. But I haven't lost any weight. Quantity is my killer right now. When I was in the green zone in the past, I would just stop eating because I didn't feel like eating anymore. Does that sound like how a normal person eats. I could go for hours and not think about eating. But not right now.

So I called my clinic to beg for another fill. Well, it wasn't begging but I'm sure she heard the desperation in my voice and told me I could get 0.1 cc the week of May 30th. I'll take it. I love that I can eat almost anything. The problems is I am hungry within hours. I also wake up hungry which hasn't happened for months. So I'll pump up that little puppy with a drop and see if it keeps the hungries at bay.

In much better news. My liver is NORMAL. Yup, I saw my doc on Monday and my liver function tests are all fine. For the last 5 years my liver enzymes have been elevated and I was told I had fatty liver. Losing the weight has reversed that. Now I won't feel so bad having a drink or two (as if that ever stopped me!). And yup, he is the same doc I met up with at the liquor store with a cart full of wine.

My blood sugar is also completely normal. Woo Hoo! It had just started to go up before my surgery but I never got the dreaded diagnosis of diabetes, although I know it would have made its entrance if I hadn't lost this weight. My cholesterol is high so I'm on Crestor to see if it comes down. And my BP is still not as low as I would like.

More exercise for this chicky. I need to make my goal of walking to Chicago.

9 comments:

Justawallflower said...

Wow, that is a lot of really good news! So happy for you! And I still love the dr. in the wine store story! Priceless! So funny he is the one to tell you your liver is good! Have a beautiful day!

Jacquie said...

I love the new layout!

Great medical news and sorry about your being hungry. May 30 will be here soon!

Can't wait to see you in chi town but will you still love me without my band?

Steph said...

I love the new layout and I hope this new fill works for you!! It is a great thing about your liver being good and even if you don't drop another pound, I think you look fabulous!!!

tagyourit said...

What great news!

Marie said...

So good about your health news! Crestor should help your cholesterol greatly - it did for me.

Sounds like we are in the same boat as far as the band goes. I just ate a bowl of pasta and two pieces of garlic bread. What's up with that?! LOL!

Darlin1 said...

Great news!

I'll raise a toast to you!!!!

XO

CHRISTINE said...

Good news on all the health.
I too can eat the whole enchalada and then some and I am getting a fill on the 26th. We can compare note next week. Good luck

Dinnerland said...

Yay Sandy lee!!!

Dinnerland said...

Yay Sandy lee!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...