Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Best Weekend Ever

I had the most amazing long weekend where we celebrated Victoria Day in memory of some long dead queen. But who can turn down a long weekend and the official start of summer.

My sister drove up from Toronto so there was a lot of visiting and partying. The weather was amazing. Hot and sunny Friday to Monday.

I had planned to paint my new guest room this weekend—the room that has been empty since my son moved out a few months ago.

Friday afternoon whilst sister did some sightseeing, I painted the trim then off we went to get some Benjamin Moore paint with the name of Muslin. A side trip for fajitas and a beer at the Lonestar restaurant sidetracked the rest of the day.

Saturday had me out for my Nordic Walking group. God I love walking with poles. We get a great upper body workout and by the time I get home I have that good "tired" feeling from exercise.

I then declared there would be no painting inside on such a glorius day. Painting can wait for a rainy day IMHO. So we pulled weeds, hauled out the patio furniture, washed everything down and sat to enjoy just being outside in the sun. Then it was off to my daughter's house for a BBQ and lovely sunset fire. I picked up the same outdoor firepit to burn real wood. We have a gas one but I love the snap crackle and pop of real wood burning. And it was cheap from Walmart.
This is the picture from the side of the box!
Sunday was busy as other family was coming for a "gazebo raising" party. Sort of like a barn raising where the men work and the women cook. The men banged and read instructions in french until finally the gazebo was raised. The women (well it was mostly me) put together a great dinner and with the evening warm and dry we partied like it was 1999. Well not really. I think I was in bed by 10.
Gazebo raising excuse for a party!

We had a few of these:
Frozen Pomegranate Margarita
Frozen Pom-aritas
1 ounce POM 100% Pomegranate Juice
1 ounce tequila (or I used vodka)
1 ounce triple sec liqueur
3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
11/2 ounces simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water dissolved together)
Ice
Salt and lime for garnish (optional)
Preparation: Combine first 6 ingredients in an electric blender. Serve with salt or lime, if desired. 

Or click for this amazing Frozen Pomegranate Margarita recipe. Or find me on Pinterest! and Pin it! I'm at: ysandray@gmail.com.

Yummiest drink ever!

Monday was a day to recuperate. Reading, napping and just taking it easy.

But what an enjoyable and busy weekend to just enjoy life. I gotta do more of that because there is a saying: "You can sleep when you're dead."

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Love it!! I am with you sista, the work can wait.. enjoy the weather .. hey is that a hot tub.. I will be right over!!!

Jody V said...

Beautiful weekend Sandy! I also will be right over! How are you doing on your cross stitch wedding project?

Anonymous said...

Life is all about weekends like that.

JFBD said...

It does indeed sound like the best weekend ever! I think Lynne and I need to fix up a few of those Pom-ritas. Better yet, you should come and have one with us! Your backyard is gorgeous. Enjoy that Gazebo! I think you can paint & sleep when you're dead. ha!

Jacquie said...

Definitely a great weekend my friend! What photo editor are you using these days?

Mar's kids said...

Sigh...what a lovely weekend! Enjoy that gazebo and firepit as much as possible!!

MandaPanda said...

What a fantastic weekend!

kagead said...

Your yard is beautiful and I love that firepit. So glad you had a wonderful weekend. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...