Thursday, June 17, 2010

Love You Guys

I've been reading many blogs over the last few days and realized just how dependent I am on your support and advice. We all love getting comments and it is sometimes a little spark in our day to know we are not alone in this huge world. I am sometimes amazed that I consider you all such good friends. My virtual support system. When I leave comments, I try to be positive and leave a word or two when I get the chance. And I mean well so I hope nobody has ever taken offence. I miss some bloggers who I still follow but who haven't posted for months. And I watch everyone shrink. To new bloggers: remember to visit other blogs that inspire you and leave a comment. We won't know you are out there if you don't reach out and let us know about your journey with the band. I follow many blogs who don't follow me, but I still leave comments because I care and something in their post hits a nerve. I know I started my reading way back around Christmas and am so glad I decided to use this forum for support. The advice and information has been phenomenol. I heart you guys (that's females and males).

The first blogs that I started to follow were Gilly, Gen and Cara. In fact I was one of Gilly's first followers. I found her first, so eat your heart out! I can't tell you how great it felt to actually have them follow me. I now follow more than 130 blogs and have many followers myself. Never thought that would happen. To those who follow me, I hope I can inspire just a little that this band will work for you. Because it will. I now believe it way down in my heart.

I was one of the most skeptical persons in the world and yet, slow as my weightloss is, I have hope. After 4 months since being banded, I know I will succeed. On any other diet, I would have given up and regained the weight. What stuns me is that I know I will continue to lose weight even if I have to suffer through more plateaus and some small gains. I know it will happen because I watch and check out all my friends. If you can do it, so can I. I know losing weight is no longer hopeless.

Perhaps it is the wine I am sipping or the varied posts I try to read each day, but I am trusting this little band wrapped tightly around my stomach. It is there to help me. I still have to work the band, but really when Buddy (my band) and I are in sync, we succeed.

This is me in October 2009 in a pub in London, England. Beer isn't really my friend anymore but wine is tasting pretty darn good. I will take some new pictures when I reach 30 pounds lost (soon). And yes that is Sunday roast with Yorkshire Pudding (my fav) and gravy!
I will now raise a toast to all of you who take the time and effort to blog about your life, the good, the bad and the ugly. If it weren't for all of the funny, sad, thoughtful, amazing, superfluous, heartbreaking, truthful, soul searching posts, we would not be the people we are today. So cheers to Bloggers. You have changed my life.

And as an aside, I make this strange error: I seem to always type bloogers about 90% or the time and have to correct it to bloggers. At least I get the "l" in the word or you would all be boogers.

33 comments:

Joey said...

I love you too! I am definitely reading, but I should try to comment here more.
xoxo - your fellow blooger,
Joey

Cindylew said...

Love ya right back. Thanks for your comments...I try to be positive and supportive as well.
Isn't it hard to keep commenting on people's posts who haven't even added you to their list of blogs they follow???
I do the same as you and keep commenting anyway but I think there will come a time where I get resentful and simply stop following.

Barbara said...

I could just give you a great big hug and kiss right now.. I love your comments and reading your blog. LOL about the boogers.. but I would still love YA!!

Kristin said...

Sandy, reading your blog and hearing about your band experiences is a pleasure! I always look forward to hearing from you in posts and comments; you're a good and faithful booger.

THE DASH! said...

Thanks babes,
You know we love you back - and if we were able to help you along when you first started and even now as it stands then all the better. You spoke so eloquently. Love you!!
xxx

Susan said...

It is amazing how meaningful the support from my online friends is to me too. I should be better about always commenting too - the comments mean so much! Thanks for the encouragement!!

Kristen said...

What a sweet post! ((hugs to you))

Love all the ladies/*and a few guys* in this bloggy world!!

Girl Bandit said...

I love you booger!!! You inspire me and I consider you a friend. What a great community we have. I was going to email you to say thanks for the advice about my band being in the red...you were so right and I feel much better with the little unfill and am losing again. So thanks.....that is the mail by the way!!!

Steph said...

I feel exactly the same way as you do. Without you wonderful woman, I would have gone insane with worry and wonder. You all have been sucha a lifeline and I am honored to call you my friends! Plus, since you ere banded the week before me, I feel a closeness since we are going through things aroung the same times, but I'm jealous that you're 50 lbs skinner than me!! :)

-Grace- said...

I love you right back, Sandy! And this post is spot on. I never thought I'd make such great friends online. Who knew?!

Butterfly/Amy said...

Cheers to you too! I'm so thankful I found you too.

Janice said...

I googled lap band, came upon the lapband support group, saw a post from Catherine, noted blogs she followed and the rest was history. Who knew there was a whole 'nother world out there? At first I was just hungry for info. One blog had a video of her fill, many with pix of scars...it made the whole procedure seem more real while I was waiting for my surgery. What I didn't expect was the connection I would feel for fellow bloggers. I smile, laugh and cry. The info almost seems secondary to the connection now. We are all very blessed to have found each other. :) Thanks for your post.

Maree said...

We're just a big virtual group hug today, aren't we!? It is great to have followers and get (and leave) comments - every bit of support helps us in this journey.

CC said...

xoxo
i also type blooger 90% of the time!

Anonymous said...

That was so nice, Sandy. I was fortunate enough to meet Amy W. at a support group meeting and she gave me her blog address. I was amazed at all of the blogs out there and the undeniable support that goes on. Amy once said she felt sorry for people who do have this as support and I agree. I am looking forward to meeting you in Chicago!

Heather said...

I am amazed at how this medium has been so supportive to me. I am glad that is has helped you also. I am also glad that you are confident that you will reach your aspirations!

Sarah G said...

I'm here! Haven't been a blogger very long but I'm starting to get the hang of it. :)

~Sarah
http://nwanonymom.blogspot.com/

Bonnie said...

Cheers to you too. Your comments are always appreciated.

Linda said...

Love you too Sandy!! I love your comments too.

Fiona said...

Sandy I love to get comments from you, I always know they will be supportive and up beat. You are so right about the amazing friendships blogland has given us. I feel such a connection to you all. I am not a prolific blogger myself but I read read read and comment comment comment so I hope you all stay with me. In fact I know you will. I thought the Sunday roast looked English, did you have horseradish too mmmmmm

Tina said...

Your doing wonderfully Sandy!! what a great post. I do not know if I follow you formally but I do have you on my favorites list :)

Tina

Jenny said...

The love goes both ways!

Lonicera said...

I have the same attitude about comments (I've just given a gread deal of thought to a comment I made on Gilly's blog, whence I navigated from here). As with what I put in my blog, I sometimes wonder if in fact not that many people read, agree with what I write, or leave comments, but that doesn't make a difference in the end to my comments or posts. More than anything I need to be true to myself, because I've been at the receiving end of virtual deceit and I utterly despise it. My only response is to use the blog responsibly and honestly - and this is exactly what you do, which is why I love reading what you have to say and will always be supportive.

And next time you travel to London, jolly well tell somebody! Oh, and the roast beef meals in pubs are much better in Bristol.

Caroline

Theresa said...

Great post! I feel the same way, and I think you are just the bomb! I can't wait to meet you in Chicago.

Pamela E. Williams said...

Thank you for encouraging me. I'm in the very beginning of the pre-band stage so to see the success you and others have had is inspiring. Cheers to you!!

Andrew said...

Cheers Sandy.......

Nella said...

XOXOXXO to a sweet and special blooger!
Great post! You do them so well!

Justine said...

Hey Sandy, I'm sorry I don't leave comments very often - it's nothing personal, I don't leave them for many people! Just wanted to say that your monthly weightloss is so similar to mine, for me it's been Jan -15lb, Feb -6lb, Mar -6lbs, Apr -1lb, May -1lb. We are both slow and steady, but how great that the weight is going down and we will never see those high numbers EVER again!

Band-Babe said...

And bloogers love you! I think you're so right, we have to trust our little bands... difficult after a lifetime of dieting... but so possible. I live for everyones comments and successes when I'm not feeling too much trust. This is an amazing group.

Gilly said...

I love you right back!! You were one of my first blogs, and the first blogger I met in the flesh! I love reading you blog, and seeing my name in it makes me feel famous!!

I'm SO glad that you're one of my bloggy friends!

Jess said...

You're such a sweetie! Cheers to you too! I am glad I have had the opportunity to read about your journey and to get the wonderful comments you have made about mine. You're very likeable! :)

Jacquie said...

I feel the same way about you Sandy. You have been so inspirational to me and I love reading your thoughtful comments on my blog! Thank you!

Darlin1 said...

Wow!! What a sweet post-

I DITTO you and all of these wonderful LB bloggers!

Cheers to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...